(Source: , via leopard-babe)
1) A boy telling you you’re pretty won’t make you see the beauty in the fullness of your cheeks, in redness of your lips at 2 in the morning when tequila is making the bar bathroom spin. He can’t take away the ugliness that you see in yourself, you have to do that.
2) You have to be ready to hear someone say they love you. You have to be ready, and you have to be willing, and you have to listen. Because sometimes, they won’t say those three words, they’ll put a blanket over you while you’re watching a movie, they’ll kiss your cheek when they think you’re asleep, they’ll smile when they see you first thing in the morning. But you, you have to be willing to see it, feel it, let it in. Letting someone love you takes practice.
3) Don’t make compromises you can’t live with. Compromise is a different version of what you want, not a whole other Universe.
4) Learn to say no. No - to a movie you don’t want to watch; no - to sex you don’t want to have, no- to a relationship that’s driving you mad. Say no - to things that hurt you, to people that extinguish your fire, to jobs you hate and places that are desolate. There are bad things that we can’t control, bad things that happen and we are sucked into and have to feel with every fibre of our being, but the rest - learn to distance yourself, learn to say no.
5) Don’t expect people to walk through fire for you - not your parents, not your friends, not the person you’re in love with. Love doesn’t mean sacrifice, love shouldn’t mean sacrifice. Don’t expect someone to give away pieces of them, so they could fit you better. And don’t feel hurt when they refuse to - it’s self-preservation. Instead - learn from them. Do it as well.
6) Don’t tether yourself to people. Learn to make connections, to love, with both your feet steady on the ground. Learn to let people pass through your life; like a summer breeze, not a storm that’s just been unleashed.
7) Learn the difference between growth and growing up before it’s too late. Rooftops and water fights and ice cream for breakfast can be a part of your life at 10, 25, or 35. But by the time you’re 35 you need to learn to say enough, to be able to walk away, you need to be able to love yourself. Love yourself the way you loved yourself at 10, before the world had a chance to fill your head with ugliness.
My weight loss story: I’m Meghan and I lost 20 pounds in 4 weeks using this new cleanse my best friend recommended. I’ve been eating the exact same way as before and I lost 20 pounds. My metabolism is faster than Usain Bolt now. The other thing I like about the cleanse is it’s 100% organic, and helps remove bad toxins from your body. If you’re somebody struggling to lose weight, I would highly recommend giving this a try. I have yet to see anything else that works like it. Tip: you can get a free bottle here (and only pay like $4 for shipping) if you order now because of some sort of summer special. I got my bottle free thanks to the summer deal which is crazy cause I’ve spent more on weight loss products in the past that flat out did not work. Good luck to everyone trying to lose weight!
thank you for recommending the cleanse! figured i’d give it a try and just got my free bottle thanks to their summer special, btw congrats on your progress you look fucking fab!!
YOU GO GIRL
I NEED to be skinny this summer
I just got a free bottle thanks to the website’s summer thing! i’ll keep my followers updated on my progress